Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Melting jeans colored nail art

I haven't posted for a while simply because I have a cracked nail and I'm trying to fix it before it breaks. I will make a separate post about that once I get it patched properly.

As for this post, last week I bought the jeans sugar polish from Essence and wanted to try it out in combination with my other jeans colored polish from Catrice.


I must apologize for the quality of the photos. My tripod broke when I wanted to take photos, and so I took photos without it, thus resulting in some pixelation because I don't use flash and it was a cloudy day.

I painted my nails with two layers of #350 Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans from Catrice, except for the ring finger, and I painted that one with two layers of #07 blue-jeaned from the sugar effect nail polishes by Essence. I let them dry and then painted a layer of matte top coat from Kiko.


After my nails were dry, I took a dotting tool and a detail brush and started making a melting paint design. I went for opposite effect. Meaning I used the Catrice polish on the ring finger, and the Essence one on the other fingers. After I was done, I grabbed a top coat and using the detail brush I carefully went over the melting design to give it an extra shine.



The polish never dried, because it was too thick, and the top coat I used was the 8in1 nail wonder by P2, which never dries even with a thin layer (I have no idea why I keeping using it). Which is why I never got the chance to re-take the pictures on the next day with a better lighting. I woke up with bedsheet prints over all of the nails.

with flash

I must say that I absolutely loved the end result even though it didn't last long. I have only done the melting paint kind of design once before, so I didn't have a lot of practice. But this was quite successful in terms of how it looked. The fact that it was too thick is another thing I need to work on.

I would love to hear your opinions about this design.

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful manicure, I think the melting jeans idea is so unique and it looks absolutly amazing :) Its a shame it never dried but at least you got some great pictures before any mishaps! I'm now following you via bloglovin' xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for commenting! I will try to do this same design again at some point, but with less nail polish and hope it would dry better :) And thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Love the manicure, especially the matte look!

    Miss Stylicious

    ReplyDelete